Blueberry & Tomato Caprese
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 6 ounces fresh blueberries
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella balls, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves,
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon organic balsamic vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine tomatoes, blueberries, and mozzarella balls in a bowl. Toss with basil leaves, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made a few hours ahead of time, just cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.)
Baby Bok Choy & Sweet Potatoes with Ginger Miso Dressing
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 portion baby bok choy, halved lengthwise
- ½ cup ginger miso dressing
Add 1 to 1 ½ inch of water to a pot with a steamer basket (you will want the water just below the bottom of the steamer basket) and turn the heat to high.
Add the sweet potato pieces to the steamer basket and cover with a lid. Bring to a boil.
Once the water is boiling, lower the heat to medium. Cook the sweet potatoes for 10 minutes.
In the meantime, wash the baby bok choy and cut in half lengthwise.
Once the sweet potatoes have steamed for 10 minutes, carefully add the baby bok choy to the pot. Steam both the sweet potatoes and the bok choy for 5 more minutes until they are just tender. Remove from heat.
Put the sweet potatoes and the bok choy in a large bowl or platter and pour the dressing over top. All more dressing to taste, if desired. Serve immediately.
Roasted Green Beans with Caramelized Onions
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin oil
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 portion green beans, trimmed
- olive oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil. Add onions, season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
Cook, stirring often until they begin to brown, about 10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium low and cook stirring until the onions are deep golden brown and soft, about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile place the green beans on a sheet pan and spritz all over with olive oil spray, 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper, to taste.
Bake until tender crisp, about 16 to 18 minutes, turning halfway.
Transfer to a platter and top with caramelized onions. Serve hot.