Tomato & Cantaloupe Salad
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumber
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 medium red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 Tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 healthy pinch each sea salt + black pepper
- 1 cantaloupe cubed or scooped with a melon baller
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 Tbsp olive or avocado oil
Add cucumber, tomato, and onion to a small mixing bowl and top with olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine. Set in the refrigerator to chill.
Prepare dressing by adding lime juice, maple syrup, and sea salt to a small mixing bowl and whisking to combine. Then, slowly stream in olive oil while whisking to combine. Set aside.
Add cantaloupe to a large serving bowl and top with dressing. Gently toss to combine. Then add the cucumber, tomato, and onion salad on top.
Gently toss to combine and garnish with fresh mint. Serve.
Grilled Pepper & Peach Salad
- Vegetable oil for brushing grill rack
- 3 firm ripe peaches, peeled and pitted
- 1 hot red chili pepper seeded and cut into very thin slices
- 4 tablespoons fresh mint leaves cut into thin strips and divided
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon strained fresh lemon juice
- 3 green bell peppers
- 2 red bell or other fleshy red peppers
- ½ pound halloumi cheese cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and coarsely ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or more, to taste
Heat the grill to medium and lightly oil the grill rack.
Cut each peach into 8 slices. Toss in a bowl with chili pepper, half the mint, cumin, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Set aside.
Place the peppers on the grill over direct heat and grill, turning until lightly charred and soft on all sides. Remove. Cool slightly. Place in a stainless steel bowl with a lid, cover and let them steam and cool down for 10 to 20 minutes. Peel and seed, reserving as much of their juices as possible. Cut the peppers lengthwise into 1-inch strips.
While the peppers are grilling, toss the halloumi with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Place the halloumi cubes in the frying pan and sear, shaking or flipping quickly and gently, until browned on all sides. Remove.
Next, place the peach slices on the grill and turn quickly and gently, to brown slightly on all sides.
Toss the peppers, peaches and halloumi together in a serving bowl. Whisk together the balsamic, remaining olive oil, salt, pepper, and remaining mint. Drizzle into the salad and toss gently. Serve.
Grilled Corn Salad with Blackberries
- 4 ears fresh or frozen corn, husks and silks removed
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil, divided
- 1 packed cup arugula or spinach leaves
- 4–6 radishes, sliced (1 cup)
- 6 ounces fresh blackberries (large ones cut in half)
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 2 green onions, sliced (white and light green parts)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (1 large lime, or 2 small)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
Rub 1 tablespoon of the oil all over the corn. Grill corn over direct heat for 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally, to get grill marks on the corn.
Prepare and slice the remaining ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, salt, and pepper.
When the corn is grilled to desired doneness, set it aside until cool enough to handle. Cut corn kernels off the cob.
In a medium bowl, gently toss together arugula, radishes, blackberries, avocado, green onions, and corn kernels. Just before serving, drizzle vinaigrette over salad and toss until incorporated.