Garlic Parmesan Broccoli & Potatoes In Foil
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon onion powder Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 bunch of broccoli cut into florets
2 russet potatoes, curt into 1.5 inch pieces
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning and onion powder; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cut four sheets of foil, about 12-inches long. Divide broccoli and potatoes into 4 equal portions and add to the center of each foil in a single layer.
- Fold up all 4 sides of each foil packet. Spoon the garlic mixture over the broccoli and potatoes.
- Fold the sides of the foil over the vegetables, covering completely and sealing the packets closed.
- Place foil packets in a single layer on a baking sheet. Place into oven and bake until tender, about 15-25 minutes.*
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with Parmesan and parsley, if desired.
Maple and Orange Glazed Rainbow Carrots
- 1 pound rainbow carrots peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed red nave; orange juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon butter optional
- ½ teaspoon orange zest
- Peel and chop carrots into 1 inch coins. Place in stock pan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until carrots are just fork tender, about 10-12 minutes. Drain carrots and return to pan
- Add in orange juice, maple syrup, garlic, salt, and butter if using, and cook over medium heat for 4 minutes, or until the carrots are coated and the glaze begins to caramelize.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the orange zest and serve.
Celery & Apple Salad with Walnuts
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon honey
- 1 ½ teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- Black pepper
- 3 celery stalks with leaves, thinly bias-sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium red apple, cored and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, honey, thyme and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add celery, apple, onion and walnuts; toss to combine.