Greek Kale Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1 large bunch kale leaves finely chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved
- 1 cucumber seeded and diced
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a small to medium mixing bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Whisk until combined.
Combine all the chopped ingredients in a large bowl, pour dressing over salad and mix. Sprinkle with extra feta cheese before serving.
Prepared and dressed salad can be stored in the fridge for up to 48 hours.
Creole Sweet Corn & Okra
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 container of fresh okra sliced
- 3 ears fresh sweet corn
- 1 (14-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil and butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Add green pepper and corn and cook until starting to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add okra and corn and cook, stirring occasionally for 8 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, Creole seasoning, thyme and hot pepper sauce. Let simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Peach & Goat Cheese Crostini
- 1 Ciabatta loaf
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 peaches, halved with pits removed
- 6 oz goat cheese
- 1/4 cup basil, diced
- 2 tbsp local honey
- Preheat the grill to medium-high and slice the ciabatta into 1 1/2″ pieces. Drizzle one side of the rounds with the olive oil, then place bread, oil side down on the grill. Cook the breads for a couple of minutes, then remove them and place them face-up on a serving plate. Place the halved peaches on the grill, and cook them for 3-4 minutes.
- In a small bowl, thoroughly combine the goat cheese with the basil. On each crostini, spread about a teaspoon of the goat cheese mixture.
- Once the peaches are softer from the grill, remove them to a cutting board and dice them into 1/2″ peaches. Top the goat-cheese covered crostini with a tablespoon or two of diced peaches, then drizzle all of the crostini with the honey. Serve immediately!