Lightened Up Creamy Kale Cumber Salad
Ingredients for the Salad:
- 2 cups shredded or chopped fresh kale
- 1 large field cucumber
- 2 mini cucumbers
- ¼ cup thinly sliced onion
Ingredients for Salad Dressing:
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons organic mayonnaise
- ⅛ tsp stevia (or ½ tsp honey)
- In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, stevia, or honey with mayonnaise, then add and adjust the sweetener/vinegar to your taste preference. (At Local Fare we like a tangier dressing over a sweet one!)
- Whisk until smooth. Set Aside
- Chop the Kale, then Slice the cucumber and onion and Add to a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the cucumber, onion, and kale and toss well to coat.
- Place in the fridge for 20+ or more minutes to chill.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Roasted & Slightly Smashed Potatoes
- 3 pounds gold potatoes, halved crosswise & quartered if large
- ½ cup olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup Sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced into rounds, seeds removed if desired
- ¼ cup (lightly packed) torn flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 450°. Toss potatoes with ¼ cup oil on a rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Roast, tossing once, until golden brown and tender, 30–35 minutes. Let cool slightly, then lightly flatten.
- Meanwhile, whisk vinegar and mustard in a large bowl. Gradually whisk in remaining ¼ cup oil until emulsified, season with salt and pepper. Add potatoes, jalapeño, and parsley and toss; season with salt and pepper.
- Think of this as a cleaner, edgier potato salad.
- 1 ½ Cup corn kernels
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a medium saucepan, add in ¼ cup milk and 1 ½ cup corn kernels and simmer over medium heat for about 5 to 7 minutes until corn is tender.
- Remove from heat; stir in cream cheese and chives.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- If desired, adjust consistency with a little more milk.Local Fare Tip: Adding jalapenos into this would be delicious!