- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 green bell peppers, seeded, deveined, and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 medium zucchini, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 container of green okra
- 3 ears fresh corn kernels (4 ears)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon picked fresh thyme leaves
- In a large skillet, heat oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion; cook until translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add bell peppers, zucchini, okra, and corn. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in herbs, and serve.
Watermelon, Mango & Cucumber Salad
- 1 FL mango diced
- 1 cucumber diced
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1/2 cup watermelon diced
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
Peel and dice mangoes. Chop cucumber into small chunks. Chop Water melon in small chunks. Finely dice onion. Chop mango, cucumber and watermelon into similar size cubes for uniformity.
- Combine mangoes, cucumber, red onion, and watermelon in a large bowl.
- Squeeze the juice of one lime, and add to the the salad. Add white wine vinegar and red pepper flakes. Toss to combine.
- Refrigerate and allow to marinate for 1 hour before serving.
Easy Watermelon Juice
- 4 cups cubed seedless watermelon, chilled, plus more for small watermelon wedge garnishes
- 1 lime, optional
- Add the watermelon cubes to a blender and blend until a juice forms.
- Pour the juice through a fine mesh strainer into a clean container.
- Pour into glasses. If desired, add a squeeze of lime juice to taste (optional). Garnish with watermelon wedges.