Easy Arugula & Blueberry Salad
- 1 bag baby arugula
- 1/2 pint blueberries
- 2 pieces celery, diced
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts
- 3 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- In a large bowl, add greens, blueberries, celery, onions and walnuts. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar and pepper. Gently toss with greens mixture.
- Crumble feta cheese on top just before serving.
Hot & Sour Napa Cabbage
- 1 small or 1/2 large Napa cabbage
For the sauce
- 1½ tbsp black rice vinegar, 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- ½ tsp dark soy sauce, optional
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch, or cornstarch
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 dried chilies, cut in sections, or to taste,
- 1 stalk scallions, finely chopped
Separate the leaves of the Napa cabbage. Lay one leaf flat on the chopping board. Cut it into bite-sized pieces at a 30-degree angle (please refer to the image in the post above). Repeat to finish the rest.
In a small bowl, mix black rice vinegar, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, starch, salt, sugar and water. Set aside.
Heat up a wok or large pan over high heat until it starts to smoke. Pour in oil then add garlic and dried chilies. Fry until fragrant (do not burn).
Put in the cabbage. Stir fry until the green leafy part starts to wilt but the white part remains crunchy.
Give the sauce a good stir then pour into the wok. Add scallions. Mix well. Remove from the heat once the sauce thickens. Serve immediately.
Skillet Corn with Cubanelle Peppers
- 3 ears of sweet corn
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped cubanelle pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a large skillet melt butter. Add red and cubanelle pepper and onion; sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the onion is translucent.
- Add the corn kernels, salt, and ground black pepper.
- Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes; stir in fresh chopped parsley.