Spaghetti Squash with Tomatoes & Parmesan
- 1 whole spaghetti squash
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil , divided
- 1/2 vidalia onion , diced
- 3 cloves garlic , finely minced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes , halved
- 3/4 cup coarsely grated Parmigiana Reggiano
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt , or more to taste
- fresh Cracked Black Pepper , to taste
- Preheat Oven to 375°F. Oil a sheet pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Carefully cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and connecting strands, then place cut side down on the prepared sheet pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the squash flesh becomes tender and separates easily into strands with a fork. Finish by gently loosening and removing the “spaghetti strands” from the shells. Set aside.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Add remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and then add onion and garlic. Cook until soft, stirring every 30 seconds, then add tomatoes. Cook tomatoes until tender, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add spaghetti squash strands and salt to the tomato mixture and continue cooking until the spaghetti squash is heated through (usually less than a minute.)
Remove pan from heat. Gently fold in Parmigiana Reggiano cheese and fresh basil. Season with additional sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste (optional) Serve immediately.
Roasted Beets with Balsamic Honey Dressing
- 3 medium red beets, rinsed & stems removed
- 1 honeybell, zested and juiced
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- pinch black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F. Wrap beets tightly in aluminum foil and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour or until a fork tenderly pierces into the beets. Be careful unwrapping the aluminum to avoid a steam burn.
- Cool beets enough to handle, peel, and dice. To make the vinaigrette: Zest the orange and set zest aside. Add orange juice, balsamic vinegar, honey, olive oil, salt, and pepper to a small jar and shake it like you mean it!
- Toss beets in desired amount of dressing. Add salt to taste. Add orange zest garnish. Add goat cheese (chèvre) if you got it and like it. Happy eating!
Red Hasselback Taters with Garlic
- Cooking spray
- 2 pounds medium red-skin potatoes (about 8), scrubbed
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place each potato in a large wooden spoon. Thinly slice the potato vertically, about every 1/8 inch, being careful not to slice all the way through to the bottom. The shape of the spoon should help prevent it.
- Place the potatoes on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the garlic evenly over all the potatoes, and use your fingers to push it into the slits. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Bake until tender and browned, 60 to 70 minutes.