Cantaloupe, Cucumber & FL Avocado Sald
- ½ large cantaloupe, seeds and rind removed
- 2-3 pickling cucumbers
- 1 FL avocado
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves (basil would also work)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, about ½ lime
- 3 teaspoons local honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½-inch piece of ginger, finely grated
Using a vegetable peeler or mandolin, slice the melon into long ribbons. Repeat with the cucumbers, stopping when you hit seeds.
In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, honey, olive oil and ginger and season with salt and pepper
- In a large bowl toss the cantaloupe and cucumber with half of the dressing and then divide among four plates.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit and gently peel the skin away from the flesh. Slice the avocado into thin slices and fan out on top of the salad. Drizzle remaining dressing over the top and scatter the mint over the top.
Rainbow Carrot & Sweet Potato Bake
- 2 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Grease a 9-inch square baking dish and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and toss to coat. Pour into prepared pan and cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake 15 more minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Zucchini & Apple Hash
- 2 Golden Yellow Potatoes Chopped
- 1 Zucchini Squash Chopped
- 1 Yellow Squash Chopped
- 3 Gala Apples Chopped
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil for drizzling
- Fresh Jax’s Greek Seasoning
- Place all the chopped vegetables in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Drizzle olive oil over vegetables, and stir until all vegetables are coated.
- Sprinkle Greek seasoning over all the vegetables and stir again making sure all the vegetables are seasoned. You can season more or less depending on your liking.
- Cook over medium heat until potatoes are cooked all the way through.
- Serve warm with Hunter Cattle Pork Chops or your favorite main dish, and enjoy!