Sweet Corn Salsa with Grape Tomatoes
- 3 ears fresh corn, cooked and shucked
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup bell pepper, seeded and diced red, green, orange, or yellow
- 1/2 red onion diced finely
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and diced finely (you can use a whole one for spicier)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1-2 limes juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- (optional) tortilla chips for scooping
HOW TO COOK CORN
There are many ways that you can cook corn and here are the ways how:
- Bring a pot of water to boiling and boil the corn for 3-5 minutes.
- Grill the corn over medium high heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Keep the corn in its husk and microwave for 3-5 minutes. It steams the corn.
- Cut the corn off the cob and saute in a pan with a little oil for 3-5 minutes.
FOR THE SALSA
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients together and season with salt and pepper to taste. Chill until ready to serve. Serve with tortilla chips if desired or over chicken, fish, or a salad.
Golden Apple Salad with Walnuts & Raisins
FOR THE DRESSING
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
FOR THE SALAD
- 1 head romaine lettuce rinsed and spin dried
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- ¼ cup red onion thinly sliced
- ¼ cup raisins
- ½ cup walnuts or pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 apple cored and thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup cheddar shredded (we always prefer Wainwright Dairy”s Raw Milk Cheddar)
- To make the dressing: place yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and salt and pepper in a bowl. Give it a whisk. Set aside.
- To make the salad: Place spinach, celery, red onion, raisins, walnuts, and apple slices in a large salad bowl.
- Drizzle it with the dressing and give it a gentle toss.
- When ready to serve, top it off with shredded cheddar.
Baked Parmesan Zucchini Fries
1 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
1 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon black pepper
½ tablespoon Kosher salt
½ cup all-purpose flour
3 large eggs (beaten)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Coat a cooling rack with nonstick cooking spray and place onto a baking sheet; set aside. If you do not have a cooling rack just cover a pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine Panko bread crumbs, grated Parmesan, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Season to taste. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs and set aside.
- Quarter the zucchini lengthwise and cut in half, there should be about 8 fries per zucchini. Make sure to remove the seeds. Cut thicker or thinner, based on preference. If you cut them thinner, they will be done sooner.
- Add zucchini to a large ziploc bag, add the flour and shake well so all the flour is evenly distributed.
- Take 3-4 zucchini fries, dip into the beaten eggs, dredge into the breadcrumb mixture and place onto the baking sheet.
- Repeat with all the zucchini fries.
- Place into oven and bake for 20-22 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.