Italian Eggplant & Tomato Gratin
- 1 eggplant, stems removed, flesh sliced in ¼-inch rounds
- 5 Roma tomatoes, sliced in ¼-inch rounds
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup, plus 2 tablespoons, olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese, crumbled
- ⅓ cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 400º. In a large bowl, toss together the eggplant rounds, tomatoes, lemon zest, thyme, garlic, and ¼ cup of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a 9-inch gratin dish, arrange the vegetables while tucking small crumbles of goat cheese underneath each vegetable. Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the shingled vegetables and sprinkle the panko on top. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake the gratin until it is tender and golden brown, 50 minutes to 1 hour. Serve hot and directly out of the baking dish.
Peach & Cucumber Salad with Basil Vinaigrette
Ingredients for Vinaigrette:
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1 TBSP honey or maple syrup
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 6 fresh basil leaves (or 10 mint leaves)
Ingredients for Salad:
- 3 ripe peaches
- 3 pickling cucumbers
- ¼ cup toasted pecans (optional)
- ¼ cup goat cheese (crumbled, optional)
- Combine all the ingredients for the vinaigrette except the basil or mint and whisk to combine.
- Finely chop the fresh basil or mint and mix into the vinaigrette.
- Cut the peaches into bite-size chunks, discarding the pits.
- Slice the cucumbers into ¼ inch slices.
- Place the peaches and cucumbers in a medium sized glass bowl.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the cut peaches and cucumbers and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours.
- Garnish with pecans and goat cheese before serving if desired.
Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Green Beans
- 2 medium sized sweet potato, cut into wedges
- 1 ag of green beans, cleaned and trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided in half
- 1/3 cup dill leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- the zest of 2 lemons
- 2 tsp salt + 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 395F.
- Toss the sweet potato with 1 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Toss the green beans with the remaining salt and olive oil, and add to the baking sheet with sweet potato.
- Bake both for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with dill, feta and lemon zest.